Saturday, April 21, 2018

Swagbucks Lyft Offer! Info on Driving for Lyft

Wow Lyft is up to $205 if you sign on and drive ONCE.

So I signed up.

DISCLAIMER: Be sure to check into your car insurance and state laws! This is information for Mass.
Liberty Mutual is who I have for insurance and they won't cancel you for ride shares. I believe Lyft does notify your company. But depending on how quick you are to on board and do your first ride you can get the ride share insurance taken off. Be sure to contact your insurance company. Especially if you're only doing the one ride. (I'll admit, I didn't until after. Not smart on my part.)

Anyway! Here's my experience.

I started the process April 17th.
You have to upload quite a few documents (reg, license, picture, proof of ins, etc.) I didn't have my registration on me, so I went to our RMV website and sent a copy of that one.

Background check, Registration and Insurance coverage have to be reviewed. Insurance coverage was reviewed pretty quick. Registration was approved the next day. Background check was approved April 20th. I received a text saying it was approved.

Now I went to the app store and downloaded both apps, because I wanted to know pricing and such. So I open Lyft and check for how much a trip costs. From my house to my local grocery store (1.6 miles away) was $6.65. Not unreasonable to be honest. Pretty much just getting gas. When I zoomed out I could see the little cars nearby that were on shift.

In Massachusetts we're required to have the background check paper (they'll email it to you) and "Lyft" decals in both from and back. I made these with my cricut maker on removable vinyl on transfer paper so I can remove them when I'm not driving. Remember to check your states requirements (Lyft directs you)

I then went into the Lyft Driver app and completed some training. Then asked my husband to download the app. I'm not sure if they'd catch on, but my legal last name and my swagbucks address are different to my husbands last name and my current address. So I took advantage of that to test the waters. We took a trip to the mall a few hours later and on the way home opened up both apps. We checked to ensure no one else was around, then I turned my self from offline to online (I was the only "car" in the area)

He went through the app, put in his pickup, drop off and payment and requested a ride. Since I was closest (and only one on shift at that time actually) it pinged to me. You have about 5-10 seconds to accept the ride before it moves on to someone else. You can only see the name of the person before you have to accept or miss it.

So I accepted it, and started driving to "his" house. Followed the prompts in the app and it was straight forward. As soon as you hit drop off, your earnings pop up. I drove to the grocery store after and my husband tipped me (you keep 100% of tips) and gave me a 5 star rating. But I was able to rate him too. Lyft won't place you with the same customer if you rated them a 3 or below.

Total cost of the ride for him: $15.08 plus $2.00 tip= 17.08
Total earnings for me: 9.89 plus $2.00 tip = 11.89
Total "cost" : $5.19 (fees are about 34.4%)
Will receive: $216.89
Total Profit: $211.70
Not bad for my first ride! They're also doing promotions for your first $300 or your first $500. (I've see it vary on location)

If interested in joining Lyft and you're not on swagbucks, use code Amy09197.

If you want to join swagbucks: Join here!


UPDATE: 4/22 Amount is pending in my swagbucks.





No comments:

Post a Comment