Thursday, January 9, 2014

Making a latte at home without an expresso maker

Cost of lattes for a large is $3.20 at Dunkin donuts or $4.49 at Starbucks. That is an insane waste of money to be spending if you get 5 per week. Thats between $15-25 depending on tips. Over the year between $780 and $1300. That's A LOT of money.

How to make it for less? Here's how I do it:

First buy one of those Keurig My Cups - as little as $10 on amazon.
Then buy a flavor of coffee you like packaged. (I love Dunkin Donuts french vanilla - $8 lasts me about 20 cups of coffee, if not more)
Make it according to directions
I add caramel to mine.
Then you take milk, put it in a mason jar (lid off) and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, take oven mitts, put the lid on and SHAKE VIGOROUSLY.
Use a spoon to keep the froth at the top and add the milk to the coffee, then add the froth.
BAM latte :)

No comments:

Post a Comment