Sunday, January 5, 2014

One Day at a Time!


Today I went into labor with my son at 9am a full YEAR ago. While I didn't gain weight in the last year AND am still at my pre pregnancy weight that I started at WITH MY SON, I'm still not at my daughters pre pregnancy weight.
I've been struggling with weight my entire life, but in 5 years (my daughter is 5) I have gained 30 pounds.
SO Goal 1. Lose 10% of body weight (38 pounds) OR those 30 pounds in 2 months. 1-2 pounds is healthy to lose per week. Most of the beginning weight in the first 2 weeks (hoping those 8 pounds ;) haha) So that brings me to roughly 16 pounds lost, which is on the low side, but again, the first couple weeks you lose more as you change your diet. Talking with a dr, she thinks it's reachable, BUT that I may have to extend the goal into 3 months.

How I'm going to do it:

Being allergic to dairy, allergic to nuts and having a thyroid problem which eliminates SOY ... this is DIFFICULT!

I do A LOT of research, and ask A LOT of questions.

So my question for you: A non-dairy, nut free, soy free protein OTHER than meat and beans... what would you eat?

Next up: Ways I'm changing my diet. A LIFE STYLE CHANGE!

-- Adding protein to my diet. Ideally I'd like eat a form of protein 5-6 times a day. REALISTICALLY, I'll aim for 4. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. I'm not a RED meat eater... or pork for that matter. I basically stick to fish, chicken and turkey. MMMM.

If I plan to have carbs or sugars, I need to have DOUBLE the protein. For example:

1/2 cup of rice, 1 cup of beans. Make sure there's always a 2 PROTEIN to 1 CARB ratio.

-- Adding B12 and a daily vitamin to my routine.

-- Getting a physical and getting back on my medications until I get my weight under control, then look for alternatives to keep a happy thyroid and to cure it.

--Drinking a DETOX water as often as possible during the first 2 weeks. This includes part of my next bullet. A detox water consists of: 1/2 fresh lemon, cayenne and ginger.

-- Drinking 120 oz of water (adjusting with the weight loss, no less than 64 oz of water per day) I even bought a 18 gallon water filter ;)

-- 2 tbs of Pea Protein per day minimum up to 6 tbs. Can add to my water or make myself a shake in the morning.

-- 2 pounds of salad per day

-- Along with these high rich foods. NOTHING under 20 points http://s.doctoroz.com/sites/default/files/im_uploads/4_003_Nutrient_Density_Chart_PRINTABLE.jpg

-- 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.


I think that's it for now. Once I achieve goal 1. I'll work on Goal 2 - Getting under 200, AND BEYOND!: The next 30 pounds. A 5 month challenge.

I feel it will take a full year to lose all 73 pounds I'd like to lose. So my ULTIMATE end goal is to be under 165 by December 31st, 2014. That gives me 51 weeks to lose 73 pounds. At the end of goal 2, I am hoping to be within 15 pounds of that weight and just in time for my birthday!

Here's a before picture: 




No comments:

Post a Comment