Sunday, July 12, 2015

Getting back to blogging.... First post.. CLEANING

Homeschooling through a public school all year our house has taken a back burner to the cleaning and now that school is over for a few weeks... It's been nice to get it clean!

Right now is tag sale season, so it's a perfect time for decluttering!

So we started in the attic. We didn't do a ton up here because it was for the most part done, but we still got rid of 3 trash bags full of just JUNK. Papers that were kept...for no reason. Broken toys that never made it downstairs... and random CRAP. What a nice feeling.

Next up was my sons room...which was pretty much our storage room/place we hide the christmas presents.

This room was SO overwhelming. Where do I begin?! Here are the before pics:


Crazy mess right?

Well... first place I started was the closet since that was the least overwhelming. After that I tackled baby clothes from my 6 year old... TIME TO DONATE! So 5 boxes full of clothes 0-2T got taken out. I kept the 3 and 4T to consign for the fall. I took the jumperoo out and put it in the attic with the baby swing and bouncer as these can also be consigned.

WOW, the room looks loads better already.

Now it was a case of just sweeping the floor, going through some old baby items from my 2 year old and making the four piles:

Keep.

Trash.

Sell.
Donate.

Only 1 bag came out for trash, and 7 boxes, a seat and a bag of stuffies got donated. It felt WONDERFUL.

Here's the after: 

What are you doing to declutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment