Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seems things may be turning around....

I had my interview yesterday morning. It was for a wedding consultant for a limo service. 20 hours a week, but still, It's one step closer to my dream! Got hired on the spot and started today. It was AWESOME :) Didn't do a lot, kinda learned the ropes. But I love it :) Im even cool enough to get my own office with a phone with caller ID. lol.
I'm in school right now to be a Wedding and Event Planner. It's an online school, U.S. Career Institute of Technology (if you see anything that interests you, let them know I referred you.) It really is an easy to do school. Everythings online and I can do what I want, when I want. I've been in school since Oct 09, and I've learned a lot, but I'm still no where close to being done. I've done a little less than half the work.
I'm also getting my Tastefully Simple business off to a great start! We have this challenge that I've already completed part 1, but part 2 is a bit harder. I need to sell $600 more and get 6 more bookings by March 25th to be held by May 22nd. So we'll see...I'd really like too, right now I've already got 250 free business cards.

Hubs car broke down today, kept restarting...it was almost like stalling out every couple hundred feet. So thats not at the shop, so were down to my lovely little (big) minivan which guzzles gas. But it uses about the same as my little Rio, so I guess it's really not using much. It was recalled for the engine and if thats not the problem then its not free. If it is the problem, its free. Oh boy...lets see how expensive this gets.
V didn't nap today either. It was a long afternoon and she didn't go to bed until normal bed time either. We had a very late lunch (4pm) and so for "dinner" we had grapes and strawberries.

It's been BEAUTIFUL out! In the mid 60's. Windy as all today though. Almost knocked FIL hat off. I still haven't been able to get V outside though. Since I won't have a car tomorrow, maybe I'll take her to the play ground. Get her some fresh air while it's nice out. If anyone knows New England at all, it will probably be snowing by Monday.

Starting tomorrow, I'll start organizing this a little better. Do a daily reporting and then pick a topic, or story to write. How about it?
OH! You'll soon find out I'm a huge Disney fan, well I totally found this on amazon today!

YUMMY!


 Bought this               Need to buy this

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your job. Fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am glad its a step in the right direction! :)

    ReplyDelete