Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Budgeting

I am a extreme couponer. With us moving at the end of the month, EVERY cent counts.
So left in our budget after bills is 50 for groceries for a family of 3... with myself being pregnant (Before I was pregnant it was $40), 20 for eating out and $100 for gas for 2 cars a week. I certainly try to stay under these numbers. So total: 170.

We do budgets Thursday- Wednesdays (we both get paid Thursdays) I usually do my food shopping on Wednesdays because the deals are out for the next week and I can see whos is better.

Today I spent 41.54 on groceries after coupons and sales, and 107 on gas (filled both cars for the week possibly 2 weeks), and we had a groupon to our local restaurant yesterday that we used and had to pay tip for. So that was $8. Total spent this week was: 156.54

Total left: 13.46 :-)

That extra money will be put aside to help with our move at the end of the month.

For those who don't know, we are moving at the end of the month to a place thats almost 3 times the size of our apartment now! We're moving to a duplex about 10 minutes down the road. Just in time for baby! I have to say, I'm a little excited that I can actually do a nursery since this is our last child!

As promised, here's a $20 Challenge update!:
October 1st: $0
October 2nd: $0
October 3rd: $2.40 in returned bottles
                     $29.50 in selling my stockpile
                     $5.80 for an amazon gift card (these count only because it is money I can then use for                necessary products.)
                     Total for October 3rd: 37.70
So far I'm down 22.30, maybe I can try to make up for it tomorrow! 44.30 tomorrow? Lets hope!!

Please also sign up to do surveys (you dont HAVE to do them, but I'll get the referrel ;) haha)
http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=5420424


If anyone is interested in learning how I coupon and can manage a grocery bill of $40-$50 a week, I can tell you how! Please comment with an email address, or email me directly. Or you can even shoot me a message on Facebook.
For those who think its ALL junk food. Today I bought:
4 Packs of Chicken
3 Steamfresh Bag meals
3 Personal Celeste Pizzas
28 oz box of Bisquick
2 Loaves of Bread
Pack of Tortilla Shells
Bottle of Juice
Package of Baby Carrots
3 lb bag of Apples
Bag of Peas
5 Bananas
2 packages of Oreos
Gallon of water
5 bottles of Propel Water
4 Bottles of Gaterade
6 Boxes of Cereal (Honey Nut cheerios, Cinnamon toast Crunch)
5 lb bag of potatoes
Package of Cookie Mix
2 Gallons of Milk
Curry Powder
I believe I'm missing a few things... But as you can see IT'S POSSIBLE TO BUY HEALTHY! (couldn't help the oreos on sale WITH a coupon! Double savings!)

Also, found this really cute shirt which I enclosed a picture of below! Thinking about buying it! haha



-->




No comments:

Post a Comment