Friday, October 11, 2013

Selling Childrens Items

I decided back in February that I was going to make cloth diapers for my son and after a lot of research, tons of information and some tax money, I went for it!!

Well that "little idea" has cost me more money that I could have ever imagined because NOW I know what co-ops are, I'm apart of MANY groups on Facebook that sell supplies or fabric, and I absolutely love to sew for my kids!

Upon my searches I figured "wow! I can make this into a business!" and so I did!

or so I thought...

Instead! I found a group on Facebook called "CD Compliance" a group DEDICATED to helping those of us "naive think we can do whatever we want people", and REALLY getting them (us) to think and even a bit...ok a LOT discouraged) After reading about the permanent or temporary tags, the woven or satin, the care and fabric, certificates required for testing...testing on my OWN... I thought "Holy crap! Is this what I want to do!?"
Of course the answer was yes.

So I got my tags, I got my labels. And away I went!
www.facebook.com/mojofamily


For those who don't know, CPSIA passed a law that helps protect children under 12 from hazards. This means that all products must be tracked to ensure the safety and to be recalled if needed. (Like the drop-side cribs). This is NOT a nuisance! This is to protect our children!

Below I added my first creations:



My very first attempt


Minnie Mouse dress I made for my daughter


First "real" diaper


Ribbon Blanket for my son


Of course my husband loves comics....


This was also made for my son... but my niece basically stole it ;) (shes 2 weeks younger)


Some of my favorite diapers


Also a favorite, sorry for the sideways shot! 

1 comment: